- WebAds is engaged in the business of interactive advertising. WebAds operates, amongst others, advertising space on mobile (telecommunication)networks and a network of websites, hereinafter referred to as “WebAds Network”.
- To the extent that a user of the Website is required to provide personal data, such data shall only be used for the (original) purpose for which the personal data were provided. In general such data shall only be used in response to a request of the user or to be able to execute an agreement with the user.
- If applicable, any personal data thus collected shall be stored in a database which is governed by the Data Protection Act (DPA). WebAds shall not, without the users explicit prior consent, provide data to third parties, unless WebAds is forced to do so under law, by court order or government order.
- The user has at all times the right to review its personal data or request the amendment or removal thereof. WebAds shall safeguard the collected data against unauthorized access or publication.
- In addition to personal data that may be provided by the user, WebAds also collects information about users of the Website by placing a ‘cookie’ on the users’ computer. The information thus collected is always anonymous data that cannot result in the identification of any individual or its personal data. A user of the Website can at all times refuse placement of cookies, but this may lead to diminished functionality of the Website.
- The Website may contain links to external webpages or websites. WebAds is neither responsible nor liable for the content of those external websites and their respective privacy policies.
- The advertisements that appear in the WebAds Network originate from third parties and WebAds is responsible nor liable for the content of such advertisements, including (the content of) websites or mobile sites to which such advertisements refer by linking or otherwise.
- In the process of displaying the advertisements, cookies may be placed with a user of the WebAds Network, collecting only anonymous information such as the behavior of the user, e.g. the number of times a certain website is visited or an advertisement shown. This information is, amongst others, used to provide a more efficient display of advertisements to users of the WebAds Network.
- WebAds does not collect personal data, such as name, (mail) address, domicile or similar information for the WebAds Network and recommends to its advertisers to refrain from collecting personal data without explicit consent of the user. WebAds - and third parties appointed by her – may collect and aggregate information in such a way that such information is anonymous and shall not lead to identification of any individual or its personal data. WebAds uses such information to improve its service level or to provide such information to independent research firms such as STIR.
- If you have any further questions, comments or remarks, please contact WebAds at email@example.com
WebAds in many cases makes use of cookie placement. These are small text files containing information that a server sends to your browser (like Firefox or Internet Explorer), with the intention that this information on your next visit is returned to the server. Collected cookie data is anonymous and personal data will not be tracked. Cookies cannot cause damage or spread viruses to your computer or files.
On the websites within our advertising network, we place permanent cookies to prevent you from seeing ads too frequently and also to show you ads relevant to your needs. If you do not appreciate the relevant advertising, you can use your browser settings to disable cookies.
Note: this does not mean that you do not get to see more advertising. The advertising will only be less appropriate for your needs. WebAds is not responsible for the content of those ads, nor for the (content) websites or mobile sites (including the privacy practices employed by other sites) where any ads refer to.
You can 'opt out' of behavioural advertising. This will not stop you from seeing adverts online but rather your cookie info will not be collected and therefore you will not be behaviourally targeted. To 'opt out' please click on the below link from our third party ad serving provider; AppNexus, and follow the instructions.